Friday, April 13, 2007

Clay Aiken, UNICEF, and $100,000 in 10 Days

Clay's challenge? $100,000.00 in 10 days

Can it be done? Let's see...

Clay said:

I've been visiting UNICEF field locations in Afghanistan for the past week. Today, I'm writing to tell you what I've seen and ask for your help.

On my trip, I met Fwazia (we’re in the picture on the right). She is 11 years old. Fwazia attends a unique school where boys and girls from grades 1-9 share classes and study in the open. The school is in urgent need of funding to buy tents and materials to build a new school. This will give more children the opportunity to go to school.

Let's aim high and work together to raise $100,000 in 10 days to support UNICEF's work in Afghanistan. Join me in standing with UNICEF to support the kids of Afghanistan.

Give online with confidence. If you contribute $50 or more by April 22nd, UNICEF will e-mail you my exclusive field report, in a PDF file format, with some of my own photos from the trip that won't appear anywhere else. As my personal thanks to those of you who are able to donate $1,000 or more, we'll mail an autographed copy of my report.

The children in Afghanistan need help now. Please join me in making a donation today.

Sincerely,

Clay Aiken
UNICEF Ambassador


P.S. I'm so inspired by the change we can make together. Please pass this message on to your friends and family asking them to support UNICEF's work.

If you're so inspired to donate to help the children of Afghanistan, please visit the UNICEF site.

Seems like a lot of people have been moved to support the children in Afghanistan. So far, we've raised about $75,000! How many days did Clay give us? Ten? That $75,000 was raised in 48 hours! Way to go, people! Way to go! And way to go, Ambassador Aiken!

Here's a direct link to help Clay's cause:
$100,000 in 10 days


Related Tags: , , ,

No comments: