Sunday, June 24, 2007

Kelly Clarkson and Reba McEntire..together at last

I've seen Kelly Clarkson in concert twice, both time when she and Clay Aiken co-headlined for their Independent Tour in Spring of 2004. I loved Kelly on American Idol. I didn't buy her first album and because I heard so much of her on the radio, I didn't buy her second album. I do, however, have her third album, My December, and I'm going to buy Breakaway.

Recently, Kelly taped CMT "Crossroads" with Reba McEntire. Read the review at
AllYourTV.com. Here are some excerts from the review:

If you're not familiar with the series, "Crossroads" teams up two singers or groups together and encourages them to sing each other's songs.

The evening begins with McEntire and Clarkson dueting on a couple of the young singer's recent hits. While Reba does a solid job of singing songs such as "Since You've Been Gone," it's only modestly entertaining, and as I watched, I was preparing myself to be letdown.

But about ten minutes into the show, the pair find their groove, and the rest of the hour is a real treat for viewers. Clarkson and McEntire are obvious friends, and their all-too-short interview segments provide some real insight into their careers.

There are also some magical performances. Their take on Clarkson's "Because Of You," (which is included on McEntire's new album of duets) is good, but their rendition of McEntire's "The Greatest Man I Never Knew" is jawdropping. It's an emotional song, and both singers singer's subtle performances wring every last drop of sadness and pain from the words.

All too soon, the hour is over. And as if often the case with "Crossroads," I find myself wishing there was a CD of the performances available for viewers.



I'm not a country music fan, although I do like Reba, and I've never seen CMT "Crossroads" but tonight I think I'll watch it. It really sounds fantastic and I'm anxious to hear what both artists do with each other's songs.


This video of their joint effort is from YouTube. It really puts a different spin and meaning to Kelly's song, 'Because of You".




CMT CROSSROADS: KELLY CLARKSON AND REBA McENTIRE premiering Sunday, June 24 at 8:00 p.m., ET/PT.

More air dates:
CMT CROSSROADS: KELLY CLARKSON AND REBA McENTIRE will be retelecast on Sunday, June 24 at 11:00 p.m., ET/PT; Monday, June 25 at 7:00 p.m., ET/PT; Tuesday, June 26 at 6:00 and 10:00 p.m., ET/PT; Thursday, June 28 at 11:00 a.m., ET/PT; Friday, June 29 at 6:00 p.m., ET/PT; Saturday, June 30 at 10 a.m. and 9 p.m., ET/PT; and lastly on Sunday, July 1 at 2:30 p.m., ET/PT.



Related Tags: , , , , , , ,

No comments: