Sunday, July 22, 2007

Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered

Wow! It's very....enlightening how some things can be so misunderstood. The blog I wrote included one of my many wtf? moments that this fandom has provided in the past four years. What I wrote was one of those moments.

If people would have read to the end, they would have seen that I said that I did not hear him say it, I was not there, I did not know if he was joking. It just provided me a wtf? moment. I think that many things Clay says have some underlying meanings and each of us interprets it through their own filters. Obviously, according to the many e-mails and PM's I received, I'm not the most popular person in Clay Nation today. In fact, I may be the most hated. I do want to thank the people who contacted me and understood what I was trying (and obviously failing) to say.

Actually, it gave me some insight to how something can be so misunderstood even though it wasn't meant to be harsh or mean. Or how trying to convey a certain thought sometimes doesn't translate very well. In the future, when reading reviews and interviews, I do think I will look at them in a very different way than I currently do now.

What Clay said is still a wtf? moment, at least to me, and I'm sorry that my lowly little opinion upset some people, but I am entitled to it. Whether he was laughing when he said it or not, I'm still entitled to a wtf? moment.

At least I didn't e-mail his mamma.

7 comments:

Desertflower said...

Shadylil, I too had my WTF moment today when I read your blog. And yes, I did read it all the way through. What I fail to understand is how someone who has been a fan as long as you have does not get Clay's sense of humor by now.

You obviously are entitled to your opinion, but I don't understand why you felt the need to post it in a public forum, instead of one of the Message Boards that you belong to.

BTW Your Blog is now front and center on the haters sites. Congrats

andra said...

"BTW Your Blog is now front and center on the haters sites. Congrats"
Oh WOW! See that is why, as fans, we all might want to think before we publicly chastise the man with our personal opinions or as stated WTF moments. Yes, I know you are a fan and have the right to your opinion but clearly you were given input before you posted this and you chose to ignore that input. I'll say no more but I do belong to many boards and lurk a great deal.

jaycee said...

Everyone certainly has a right to their opinion and a right to share their thoughts. I guess I question that a blog that can be read by...well, anyone, is the best place.

huskerfalcon said...

Shadylil, your blog comments took Beagle3's report completely out of context, and you misconstrued what both Beagle3 and Clay had to say.

So now you've created a little hornet's nest when you could have perhaps pm'd Beagle3 and asked her to clarify, or brought it up in the Den or on CP to have it clarified for you.

I'm sorry this has happened, but these aren't easy times.

Corabeth said...

Interesting that you say: "Actually, it gave me some insight to how something can be so misunderstood even though it wasn't meant to be harsh or mean" when that is exactly what you have done with Clay's comment.

Jesus said...

What I want to know is why you, many self-professed christian, women would beat up another who is simply stating that she was shocked and insulted by a thoughtless comment. I am appalled at the responses I am seeing from you. You can state your counter opinion, but leave out the personal attacks. She attacked no one, including Mr. Aiken, who apparently made an ass of himself without her help. He made an inapppropriate comment in a PUBLIC place. Despite it being in a separate room, he was at the public venue with the PUBLIC. I say very strongly, SHAME on you who are attacking this blogger. And SHAME on Mr. Aiken for such a thoughtless commment, ment in jest or not, it was WRONG.

superdeluxewonderful said...

It wouldn't matter whether Shady posted it here or on a message board, the haters would have snapped it up in a New York minute. It's what they do. It's what they live for and by beating up on her, you have only given them more ammunition.

Shady removed the blog but your comments are still here for everyone to see.