Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Anomaly...A time to Celebrate!

The Clay Blog reminded me that today is the third anniversary of The Anomaly. What, may one ask, is The Anomaly? It's when the planets were out of alignment and Ruben Studdard beat Clay Aiken on American Idol, Season Two, in May, 2003. It was like an alternate universe, where you KNOW that Clay should have won, but he didn't.

As much as that hurt me three years ago, I kind of celebrate it today. I celebrate because without AI, I would have never known Clay Aiken. He would have stayed in North Carolina, finishing up his degree in Special Education, and today, he'd be teaching in a classroom.

Because of American Idol, America had been privileged to hear the golden voice of Clay Aiken and soon, the entire world will hear him sing. I remember something his mother said, something like, "We don't know why God gave Clay that voice of his, but it had to be for a reason". I'm not religious, but if Clay has brought the same level of happiness to others as he has brought to me, well, that prophecy had been fulfilled.


So I celebrate today. I celebrate that Clay Aiken has come into my life, that Clay has fostered friendships the world over that he probably never dreamed of. He has always said, "I want to make a difference. it's not necessarily how I make the difference, but I want to be sure that I do", or words to that effect.

Well, Clay, I guess you never thought that the biggest difference you'd make was the friendships that have sprung up all over America and the world because of your voice.

I predict bigger things are in store for Mr. Aiken, but right now, I'm celebrating what he has given me so far, friendship, laughter, joy. And an amazing group of women ranging from 8 to 80 who are bright, articulate, intelligent, and who support each other in good times and bad.


Here's to you, Mr. Aiken!




Related Tags:




5 comments:

TheClayBlog said...

Kippis! (That's finish for Cheers!)

I'm with ya!

Ressa (ressamac on Twitter) said...

Shady, that was beautiful and so true. Thanks!

clarity625 said...

I'll drink to that!

Arquen_Mahtala said...

Cheers!

The ConCLAYve-Nan said...

Any excuse for a drink. But in the case - no excuse is needed.