Sunday, May 07, 2006

A little about me

Where to start, where to start? Heh, I should be mowing my lawn, but here I am.

I am a rocker. I grew up listening to The Beatles, The Stones, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Yes, Jethro Tull, Todd Rungren, Billy Joel, Frank Zappa, yada, yada, yada. So why do I have a Clay Aiken-friendly blog? Simply, because he has the best voice I've ever heard. Ever.

I haven't listened to Top 40 radio since I was 18 years old...quite a long time ago. Once I moved to Massachusetts for college, I discovered WBCN, a Boston alternative format that played entire albums. Imagine my surprise and learning curve when I discovered all the above mentioned artists. My God, there actually WAS good music out there in radio-land. And I found it. And I've been listening to rock radio ever since.

So....Mr. Clay Aiken is an anomaly for me. And I'm loving every note that comes out of his voice.

I have to finish the lawn before it gets too dark.

Later

3 comments:

The ConCLAYve-Nan said...

Yeah - it's interesting to figure out with our musical backgrounds so diverse what has brought us to Clay Aiken. For another view of the Clay fandom the media has forgotten - check out our blog at ConClayve.blogspot.com

Shadylil said...

Wow! I actually got some commentsa. I feel all important and shit. Love you all!

Shadylil said...

Oops, guess I can't go back and edit the mispelling. My bad.